Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

I Love Summer!!!

Okay so it has been awhile.  I love the summer.  We are always so busy in the summer.  This past winter I really didn't think I was going to make it through.  It was really a difficult winter for me and I just have to say I am so much happier right now.  It truly amazes me how much we need sunlight to survive.  And so far I have not complained of it being too hot.  I am going to try to refuse from saying that because after this past winter, I officially hate winter.  I would rather have it hot than cold.  Because when it is hot out I can still go outside and find ways to cool off but you really cannot go outside when it is cold out and find ways to warm up.  Reminds me of this thing on Facebook I saw that said something like, the first person to say it is hot when summer gets here will be punched.  Ha!

On Good Friday we went to the Indy zoo and it was Caedmon's first time there.  I just have to say the zoo is so much more fun when you go with kids.  The look on his face when he is like, whoa what is that, is priceless.  Caedmon rode the carousel with daddy and we all rode the train.  He liked the elephants, giraffes, and penguins.  I wondered if he recognized the penguins from the movie Happy Feet.  Here are a couple of pictures.  Tanner has more from his phone but they are not on this laptop.  I keep forgetting to ask him to get his pictures loaded on this laptop.


Looking at the giraffes


Him pointing at the elephants was cracking us up.


Group selfie. Caedmon too busy looking at the brown bears here. And also clearly tired.

We also went camping for the first time in our brand new camper at the beginning of May.  More to come on that.  Brandon graduated from Army boot camp and AIT training.  He then came home for about 2 weeks in May.  We got to see him then and Denny and Vickie had a cookout at their house for him.  We then went to Memphis to see Taylor and Heather over Memorial Day weekend.  Brandon's first station is in Fort Sill, Oklahoma.  He needed to report there after Memorial Day so we got to see him one more time at Taylor and Heather's (he stopped there to visit on his way to Oklahoma).  More on this as well.

Two weekends ago was spent at my friend Becky's house to swim.  We had a great time.  Caedmon however needs to be re-acclimated to the pool again because he is afraid of it.  However he did have a great time throwing stuff into the pool such as toys, flip flops, shorts, etc.  Whatever was around the pool was in the pool.

So that is the spring and summer so far in a nutshell. I know there will be more fun trips/adventures and camp trips.  I miss my camper already.  It has been at the storage place for almost a month now.  I cannot wait till we have a house where we it can be parked at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment