Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 4, 2013

iPhones: Greatest Invention Ever or Worst Enemy

I have a confession.  I am addicted to my phone.  I know a lot of people including myself are always on our phones and cannot put them down.  A lot of times I get mad at Tanner because he is always on his phone when we are supposed to be spending time with each other.  But I cannot get mad at him because I know I do the same thing.  I saw this video on Facebook that was interesting and made me feel guilty. 


On the other hand you have to admit it is pretty awesome the things you can do with it.  There are so many awesome apps out there that you can download.  And the reason for this post today is that I came across the My Fitness Pal app and it is pretty awesome.  Of course this is day one but I really need to lose weight.  My feet hurt all the time and I feel like I have no energy a lot of times.  I have done Weight Watchers in the past and was successful with it (lost 20 pounds).  I was going to do Weight Watchers again but have been hesitant.  I do not want to spend the money on it when I already know the concepts of it and am already spending money on a gym membership.  Of course losing weight is a lot of self control and willpower.  But when I came across this app I got excited.  Just like with Weight Watchers, I can record everything I eat into the app and it tell me how many calories (or points with WW) I have left for the day.

Some of you might think well why not record everything into a notebook or something.  This is not the same because a lot of the foods are already in the app.  You just look up the food and hit add.  It also does all the calculating for you.  In fact the part of the app that I got the most excited about was that you can scan the bar code on the food item with your phone and it automatically brings up the food item on your phone.  So I was having fun scanning things with my phone.  Then Tanner and I had to be dumb and scan Windex to see what would happen.  It just said cannot be found.  We were hoping a message would pop up that says "Do Not Eat." 

So any encouragement and support on losing weight and being off my phone more is welcomed.  There was a funny ecard on Facebook that I saw not too long ago.  I searched all over for this quote and cannot find it anywhere.  So I will have to summarize it for you which will not be the same.  Oh well.  It said something about looking through Facebook newsfeed all the time throughout the day is like constantly eating while in front of the TV.  So maybe being on my phone is better???

1 comment:

  1. Phones are addicting. Taylor and I always try to make a rule when out to eat, no cell phones (unless proving a point, like the fact that the other is wrong). On vacation it was SO, SO, SO amazing how much quality time we really got because neither one of us could use our cell phones. Good luck with your weight loss sister! I always say I'm going to and never do. Inspire me, K? Love you!

    ReplyDelete