Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 11, 2014

Memphis Part 2

Okay will try to remember this to the best of my ability.  When we got to Taylor and Heather's we pretty much just hung out at their place the whole day.  We just hung out and talked and drank margaritas and wine.  The next day Taylor took us into downtown Memphis (Heather had to work for a bit).  We parked at the Coast Guard station and got to see Taylor's boat.  Then we walked over to a trolley stop and rode that to a famous barbecue place in Memphis called Rendezvous.  More on this in a moment.

The trolley was really neat to ride and Caedmon enjoyed it.  And downtown Memphis was definitely different for a downtown.  It is weird because I read about the south in history textbooks and of course you cannot know what it smells like from a textbook.  But somehow when I was there it was like you could blindfold me and take me there and I would know I was in the south.  It has a distinctive smell and if you go there you will know what I am talking about.  It just cannot be described in words.  Ha!  And I was getting a kick out of all the black people on the trolley because they were all talking to each other and being loud, laughing, and having a good ole time.  Everyone was very friendly and nice.

So back to Rendezvous.  I guess alot of celebrities have eaten at this place.  The place was odd to get to, down an alley and then in the basement.  It was a huge place and all the workers wore the old uniforms that they wore back in the day.  I like barbecue but I am not the biggest fan of it where I crave it or anything.  And I only really eat pulled pork so after the third barbecue place I was over it.  LOL!  The food at Rendezvous was okay but I like sweet barbecue which they didn't have.   

After lunch we took a stroll over to Beale Street.  It is a street where there are a bunch of bars and shops and live blues music.  We started to get hot and tired and decided to head back to Taylor and Heather's house.  Also because Heather was off work at this point and Brandon was going to be getting there soon.  I think then for dinner that night we went to Central BBQ.  This place reminded me of Squealers here in Indianapolis. Then back to their house to hang out some more.  We were discussing what we wanted to do the next day and they mentioned some outdoor places but it was soooo hot while we were there.  We were fine with not doing a whole lot of sight seeing and just hanging out at their house.  We figure we will come back again when it is cooler out and do some sight seeing.

So the next day I think Heather and I headed to the mall for some girl time and shopping while the guys hung out at the house.  Then we all went to our final barbecue place, Memphis BBQ (which was actually in Mississippi).  I remember the food being good.  I think I got something different but cannot remember but am pretty sure I got a side of Mac N cheese because I am obsessed.  Then we headed back to Beale Street so we could take Brandon there to see it.  At this point it is starting to get dark out and all the lights on the street was really neat.  And despite being out late Caedmon did really well.  Maybe he enjoyed looking at all of the lights.  Then at some point the next day we did the trek back home.  Which was uneventful compared the trip down there.  Were hoping to maybe be able to make it back for another visit in November.

Warning: Excessive amount of pictures below this point!

Story time with Aunt Heather

At the CG station

On the Trolley






At Rendezvous

Beale Street

AWWWW!

The Mississippi River

This is going to be a new huge Bass Pro Shops

It's a dogpig

Beale Street at night



Bye Uncle Brandon. He's off to Fort Sill.
No comment


Wearing Uncle Brandon's army boots

1 comment:

  1. haha we look HOT in that picture! I can tell Tanner took most of the pictures because he's not in most of them lol! Also, my husband is a stud, thseriously!! That is all.

    ReplyDelete